The Lakeview Cemetery Association, Inc. was chartered as a corporation in 1891 and operated Lakeview Cemetery as a private cemetery until February 4, 1930, when it was purchased by the Town of Blackstone because of the efforts of certain women's organizations that wanted it taken over by the town and properly maintained.
The Town has purchased additional land and still maintains the grounds.
Lakeview Cemetery records are handled at Town Hall. Please call 434-292-7251 during normal business hours for any questions or concerns.
The Town Council has adopted a new Cemetery Policy beginning January 28th, 2019. Information can be found under the Rules and Regulations tab.